The Fortus 450mc can run standard, engineering and high-performance FDM thermoplastics in a 16 x 14 x 16 in. build envelope. The Fortus 450mc works with 9 standard, engineering and high-performance thermoplastics and it features improved ease of use including an all-new touchscreen user interface, and builds complex parts faster than its predecessor, the 400mc.
The 450mc 3D production system lets you build, accurate, repeatable parts faster than ever before. Produce jigs, fixtures, factory tooling and end-use parts, as well as functional prototypes to withstand stringent testing. With four layer thicknesses to choose from, you can strike the right balance between strength, detail, and FDM’s fastest build time.
For maximum time savings, this 3D printer builds complex parts faster than its predecessors. Both feature an all-new touchscreen interface for straightforward operation and maintenance.
The Fortus 450mc works with these production-grade thermoplastics:
- ABS-M30 in six colors for great tensile, impact and flexural strength and environmental stability
- ABS-M30i for biocompatibility
- ABS-ESD7 for static dissipation
- ASA for UV stability and the best aesthetics
- PC-ISO for biocompatibility and superior strength
- PC for superior mechanical properties and heat resistance
- FDM Nylon 12 for maximum toughness
- ULTEM 9085 for high strength-to-weight ratio and favorable FST rating
- ULTEM 1010 compatibility is coming in 2015