Amatrol's Skill Boss, designed to meet MSSC standards, is a hands-on skill training & assessment system that integrates seamlessly into any manufacturing program and is required for Certified Production Technician (CPT) Plus certification.
Amatrol creates innovative, interactive learning solutions for industry and education to equip people with the skills to master technical systems, solve problems and adapt to a rapidly-changing workplace. Amatrol's learning solutions are designed and built by employees who are experts in their field, integrating the best practices in education and training to deliver knowledge and skills for real jobs.
Amatrol is the world’s leader in skills-based, interactive technical learning. Their learning solutions range from engaging high school students in the learning of basic science and math to teaching hands-on skills in the latest, highly sophisticated motor drives. Amatrol’s learning solutions include interactive multimedia as well as print-based student learning materials, virtual trainers, teacher’s guides, industrial quality hands-on training equipment, and instructor training.
Amatrol designs, develops and manufactures technical learning systems, highly interactive eLearning, hands-on simulators, and more to train tomorrow’s workforce for many diverse industries such as manufacturing, oil and gas, packaging, etc. Didactic organizations such as colleges, universities, and high schools use these made-in-the-USA products to teach individuals technical and workplace skills ranging from entry level basic technical skills to advanced technology troubleshooting for both degree and certification preparation. Real world components are used in the training equipment along with in-depth curricula to build the workforce’s next generation.
Amatrol offers a rich array of multimedia and eLearning on a broad array of topics including: power and energy, controls, manufacturing processes, design, fluids, fluid power, thermal, electrical, electrical motors, mechanical, communications, robotics, computer integrated manufacturing, mechatronics, and automation. In addition to learning systems geared toward post-secondary and industrial customers, Amatrol also offers systems specifically designed for high schools.
One of the biggest challenges facing the workforce today is a skilled worker shortage. Because of this, Amatrol is dedicated to providing schools with learning solutions that will cover applicable STEM knowledge and advanced manufacturing topics and skills.
- Hands-on Training & Assessment that meet MSSC standards for Certified Production Technician (CPT) Plus certificationsItem Number:95-MSB1
- Teaches fundamentals of AC and DC electrical systems used for power and control in industrial, commercial, agricultural, and residential applicationsItem Number:T7017A
The model T7017A includes a bench top-mount workstation, AC power supply, DC power supply, electrical components set, lead set, hand-held multimeter, circuit tester, built-in instrumentation console, electrical circuit simulation software, student learning materials for both theory and lab, and teacher’s assessment guide. This system uses industrial quality components to help students become better prepared for what they will encounter on the job.
- The 850-AEC Alternative Energy Learning System teaches students key skills needed for job success in small wind and solar. Students will learn hands-on skills they can use on the job.Item Number:850-AEC
The demand for qualified solar and small wind technicians is rising, as more consumers and businesses apply solar energy and small wind systems in their communities. Many employers prefer employment candidates who are certified. Amatrol’s 850 series Alternative Energy Learning System supports the learning necessary to prepare for portions of the solar and small wind certifications offered by such certifying groups as NABCEP (North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners), SWCC (Small Wind Certification Council), and ETA (Electronics Technicians Association).
- The 950-HTB1 is a vital training opportunity for learning how to diagnose and correct common problems with hydraulic circuits and components. In fact, this learning system features over 35 faults for learners to practice troubleshooting.Item Number:950-HTB1
Amatrol’s Basic Hydraulic Troubleshooting Learning System (950-HTB1) teaches how to troubleshoot hydraulic systems and components such as hydraulic motors, directional control valves, and cylinders. The knowledge gained from the 950-HTB1’s hardware and curriculum is extremely valuable for maintenance technicians within industries like manufacturing, automotive, agriculture, construction, and many more! This learning system will also serve as a solid foundation towards attaining certifications.
- Identify skill gaps to target training to only what is needed for each individual student!
eAssessment from Amatrol / Oxygen Education dramatically improves training effectiveness while reducing invested time and cost. eAssessment brings you the power to train as little or as much needed for each student! Assessing your student's technical knowledge provides the base you need to effectively target training.
- The National Institute for Metalworking Skills (NIMS) has endorsed Amatrol as its preferred eLearning source for cutting-edge multimedia training materials to support its new Industrial Maintenance Technology (IMT) Certification.
Amatrol’s e-Learning program meets the challenge for flexible technical training by offering superb technical content depth as well as breadth, strong interactivity for skill development, and excellent assessment and student tracking through an intuitive, easy-to-use web portal. With 24 x 7 access, Amatrol’s eLearning program creates easy access to educational opportunities for technical skill development previously restricted to the classroom...
- Now All Your Courses Are Available Online!
Online training is an essential tool in today’s workplace and educational institutions. Amatrol is increasing its already extensive online offerings with the introduction of eBooks. Amatrol’s eBooks are digital versions of its print-based LAPs (Learning Activity Packets) that allow organizations to set up courses completely online, including assessments!
- The Motor Troubleshooting Learning System (85-MT2E) covers the testing and troubleshooting of AC and DC motors using a multimeter and a megger meter. The skills and knowledge covered by this learning system will prove invaluable for industrial maintenance technicians or anyone working in a field that uses AC and/or DC motors.Item Number:85-MT2E Regular / 85-MT2ESL Sheathed Banana Leads
The 85-MT2E includes a motor connection box to practice hands-on skills such as troubleshooting faults in a DC motor and AC single-phase and three-phase motors, evaluating DC electric motor commutator and brush health, and using a multimeter to test an AC motor start/run capacitor. Amatrol’s learning systems feature real-world, industry-grade components for durability that will stand up to frequent use and to allow learners to gain real-world competencies.
- The 850-MT6B is an invaluable system for careers like electricians and industrial maintenance technicians that wire control panels and operator panels on manufacturing machines.Item Number:850-MT6B
Amatrol’s Electrical Wiring Learning System (850-MT6B) allows learners to study and practice electrical wiring skills like: installing control wiring in an electrical panel; installing wiring into limit switches, solenoids, and pressure switches; and understanding the importance of correct wire size, material, and insulation.
- Skills-based learning programs that attract and retain high school learners
High school students are destined to become knowledge workers, regardless of whatever specific career choice they make. Engineering and technology offer some of the most rewarding career opportunities possible! Amatrol’s high school programs are designed to engage students who demand a high degree of interactivity and challenge to keep them interested and learning. All of our high school programs articulate to colleges for up to 18 credit hours.