3D Printing for Grades 9-12
Stratasys 3D Printers are used by more schools, colleges and universities than any other brand. Partner with us to get the support you need to focus on learning, not logistics.
High School is where students lay the groundwork for college and career success. When students embrace 3D printing, it builds critical thinking skills and problem-solving necessary for a successful transition to post-secondary coursework and a career path.
Why Stratasys 3D Printing Solutions?
Challenge: Maintaining Student Engagement
The skills needed for post-secondary coursework naturally reflect the demands of today’s information-based economy. So, students who master 21st-century skills like critical thinking, effective communication and information literacy will be more likely to make a successful transition into universities, technical schools and the workforce.
Impact: Increasing College Success
Studies have found that up to 40 percent of students who enter U.S. colleges and technical schools need remedial coursework, which adds time and expense to their college education. Not surprisingly, these students are less likely to earn a degree or certificate than their better-prepared peers, putting them at a significant disadvantage in the workforce.
Solution: Solving Real-World Challenges
To build skills for success, high school educators are embracing active-learning strategies like Project-Based Learning. Through collaborative, hands-on projects, students can actively explore, respond to and engage with real-world challenges.
What’s possible with 3D printing?
When the challenge calls for a physical solution, 3D printing empowers students to navigate the entire design cycle from idea to finished product. Through inquiry and iteration, students learn as much by what goes wrong as what goes right, building their capacity for critical thinking and analysis, improving their judgment, and increasing their perseverance through applied learning.
Prepare students for the challenges of college and beyond.
- Explore engineering concepts by redesigning everyday products to increase their performance, reduce their environmental impact or improve their usability.
- Develop persistence by letting students get deep into a problem and solve it through real-world testing and refinement.
- Build engagement with projects that sustain active learning and deliver a tangible outcome.
Find creative ways to satisfy standards while adding depth to your curriculum.
- Promote extended thinking with design projects that require research and a synthesis of skills and knowledge from multiple subject areas.
- Experience the unseen world by 3D printing sound waves, magnetic fields, cell structures, viruses and molecules.
- Travel beyond the classroom with 3D printed landforms, buildings, monuments, artifacts, or fictional places and things.
- Stratasys 3D Printers: Learn more about Stratays, The 3D Printing Solutions Company
- FDM 3D Printers: 3D print strong, durable models with real production-grade thermoplastics.
- PolyJet 3D Printers: 3D print detailed models with ultra-fine layer resolution and smooth surfaces.
Ready to bring the latest 3D printing technology to your classroom?
Contact us to get exclusive discounts and purchasing options with our education packages.