The demand for qualified solar and small wind technicians is rising, as more consumers and businesses apply solar energy and small wind systems in their communities. Many employers prefer employment candidates who are certified. Amatrol’s 850 series Alternative Energy Learning System supports the learning necessary to prepare for portions of the solar and small wind certifications offered by such certifying groups as NABCEP (North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners), SWCC (Small Wind Certification Council), and ETA (Electronics Technicians Association).
Prepare your students for careers in the rapidly growing fields of renewable energy engineering, sustainability and energy efficiency with renewable energy engineering solutions suited to your education program.
With the demand for renewable energy on the rise and a lack of qualified technicians to maintain the new wind turbines, solar production and green technology, Tech-Labs is proud to introduce a new line of Green Energy products. We offer training products help students at schools, universities and research institutions to understand key concepts regarding renewable energy, energy management and energy storage. You will bring students closer to these complex technologies, while achieving the desired learning outcomes in a fun and interesting way.
We offer a variety of solutions that teach basic and advanced principles of harnessing renewable resources like wind, sunlight, biofuels, geothermal heat and water to create a more sustainable world.
- The 850-AEC Alternative Energy Learning System teaches students key skills needed for job success in small wind and solar. Students will learn hands-on skills they can use on the job.Item Number:850-AEC
- Installing and maintaining solar photovoltaic (PV) systems requires hands-on skills and troubleshooting ability across the types of PV systems commonly used such as AC, DC, and grid-connected.
Amatrol’s 950-SPT1 Solar Photovoltaic Troubleshooting Learning System allows students to develop the specialized skills and knowledge needed for working with the common types of PV systems. The 950-SPT1 teaches students connection, operation, programming, and troubleshooting of AC/DC and grid-tie systems. The curriculum is PC-based multimedia that is highly interactive. It allows students...
- Amatrol’s Solar Thermal Closed-Loop Troubleshooting Learning System allows students to develop the specialized skills and knowledge needed for working with the two common types of thermal closed-loop systems: drainback and pressurized.
The 950-STCL1 teaches students connection, operation, programming, and troubleshooting of both drainback and pressurized systems. The curriculum is PC-based multimedia that is highly interactive. It allows students to use the learning style best for them – reading, listening, or visual. The 950-STCL1 supports the NABCEP (North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners) test for Certified Solar Thermal System Installer.
- Students will learn how to install systems by selecting, preparing, mounting and connecting solar thermal components using copper tubing, PVC piping, and electrical wiring.
The demand for qualified Solar Technicians is rising, as more consumers and businesses apply solar energy in their communities. Many employers are requesting NABCEP (North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners) certification or equivalent skills as a condition of employment. Amatrol’s Solar Thermal Installation Learning System supports the learning necessary to prepare for portions of NABCEP certification and helps to prepare students for successful employment in the solar thermal industry field.
- Installing and maintaining solar thermal open-loop systems require hands-on skills and troubleshooting ability across both drainback and pressurized systems.
The 950-STOL1 includes all components needed to develop hands-on, job ready skills: all solar specific components as well as balance of system items. The learning system contains a mobile workstation, multiple component circuit panels, a solar collector unit, fault insertion, PC-based multimedia student curriculum, and instructor’s assessment guide. An optional sun simulator is available to facilitate classes indoors when outdoor conditions do not support solar heating.
- Amatrol’s 950-TEH1 Turbine Electric Hub Troubleshooting Learning System teaches students adaptive skills for wind turbine operation, adjustment and troubleshooting in a wide variety of situations.
Amatrol’s 950-TEH1 Turbine Electric Hub Troubleshooting Learning System teaches students adaptive skills for wind turbine operation, adjustment and troubleshooting in a wide variety of situations. The 950-TEH1 allows students to develop and practice component, subsystem, and system level skills. The fully functional, scaled down utility scale turbine electric hub. The Turbine Electric Hub Troubleshooting Learning System includes...
- Amatrol’s Turbine Nacelle Troubleshooting Learning System enables students to develop operation and troubleshooting skills essential to wind turbine technicians.
Amatrol’s 950-TNC1 Turbine Electric Hub Troubleshooting Learning System provides students the adaptive skills required for wind turbine operation, adjustment and troubleshooting. The 950-TEH1 is a scaled down fully functional utility scale turbine electric hub while allows students to develop and practice component, sub-system and system level skills. To aid in the students skill development...
- Teaches students adaptive skills for generator system operation, adjustment and troubleshooting in a wide variety of situations.
The generator control system is the heart of a utility-scale wind turbine, converting mechanical rotation of the hub into clean, 3-phase power that synchronizes with the utility grid. To operate and maintain a wind turbine effectively, wind turbine technicians must have the special skills needed to service, operate, and troubleshoot the generator control system, which includes the generator, rectifier, generator control unit, power distribution panel, pad mounted transformer, and generator control software.
- Experiment Set for Renewable Energy Generation, Storage and Supply
The HyDrive – Electric Vehicle Trainer is an entry-level learning system, designed for secondary and vocational schools as well as university students and educators. The modular training system allows users to understand the fundamental principles of hydrogen technology in hybrid Fuel Cell Electric Vehicles.
- Marcraft's Green Technology Textbook (GT-900)
Most of us involved in the educational field understand that Green Technology is THE NEXT BIG THING! But as with all new fields and technologies - it is very hard to define or predict. The definitions seem to change depending on who you speak with.Manufacturer: