Off-Highway Truck Personal Simulator
Version 2 of Off-Highway Truck is here!
New functionalities of Version 2 include:
- Significant improvements to graphics and 3D modelling
- Increased driving realism with new “wet/slippery” and “foggy” conditions
- Four brand new Simulation Modules
- New Performance Indicators associated with tire management and poor operating practices
- New screen capture video in High Definition for each Simulation Module
- New e-book Instructional Companion in epub format
You can now also set-up three displays to create an immersive field of view of 180 degrees just using one off-the-shelf PC! (You can still use just one display, if space is limited.)
Now even better! The simulation software puts you at the controls of a modern off-highway truck at work in a typical quarry, in interaction with a simulated Wheel Loader. Version 2.0 brings significant improvements to provide even more operator training help, including substantial graphics refinements to the truck, the dashboard inside the cabin, and the simulated quarry, new simulated physics with several levels of wet/slippery driving conditions, and many levels of fog. Four brand new Simulation Modules have been added, including a new Simulation Module just to practice driving in reverse. There are also new Performance Indicators associated with tire management and poor operating practices.
You can either use your own PC or choose the convenience of our PC bundle with Simlog's award-winning software already installed, licensed, and ready to go in English, French, or Spanish.
Add a big screen display for "life size" graphics, and quality speakers for the audio feedback. Simlog even offers a vibration system to enhance the simulation experience. There are setup options to suit almost every budget.
Many kinds of USB-ready simulator controls and mounting configurations are available, including:
- Replica Controls, featuring components suitable for table-top mounting
- Simlog's Operator Chair, to obtain a superior simulation experience
Please note that Simlog's hardware products are only sold for use with Simlog's simulation software.
If you are a Simlog customer, then you may be able to re-use the simulator controls that you already have.
There are ten "Simulation Modules" of increasing difficulty, starting with Controls Familiarization. The final module, Complete Haul Cycle 2, combines loading, hauling, and dumping. A simulated Wheel Loader is built right in, to help teach truck spotting interaction. Key "Performance Indicators" measure how quickly and how carefully the simulated work is performed including execution time, maximum driving speed, and the occurrence of termination faults such as improper gear changing and hoist control. In this way, the feedback is diagnostic, instead of just a consolidated pass/fail score.
Simulation results are automatically saved, so trainees can progress at their own pace without trainer supervision. To simplify the record keeping, Simlog offers a database product called Simulation Manager, and the same database can be used with all of our Personal Simulators.
Low Total Cost of Ownership
Real affordability, that's how Simlog sets the standard in cost-effective simulation. The fact is, training with our Personal Simulator is a fraction of the cost of training with a real off-highway truck, especially considering that even small accidents due to operator inexperience can mean thousands of dollars in replacement parts and downtime. And the purchase of the simulation software license is a one time fee, to keep the total cost of ownership as low as possible, with no restrictions on the number of people that you can train.
Quick Return on Investment
The software license, a one time fee, will pay for itself when you train just a handful of new operators. How? Consider the rising costs of putting a real off-highway truck to work with a qualified instructor, the damage and downtime that inexperience can cause, and finally the risk of possible injury. That's why it just makes sense to prepare new operators with Simlog help. Learn more about reducing training costs and improving training safety by Making the Business Case for your training environment.
Operator Chair for Off-Highway Truck Personal Simulator
Simlog's new Operator Chair with industrial controls is a cost-effective way to train off-highway truck operators, with our Off-Highway Truck simulator software in a safe and realistic environment.
Compared to our Replica Controls, Simlog's Operator Chair offers a superior simulation experience, thanks to an authentic operator seat with consoles for the left and right hands, and a steering column. All are mounted on an industrial platform with casters, for easy portability.
The left and right consoles include a Hoist Control Lever and a Transmission Lever, to simulate an authentic operating experience, with the Retarder Lever mounted to the industrial steering wheel. The steering column is adjustable, and easily pivots and telescopes to numerous angles. The Operator Chair also includes integrated pedals featuring secondary and service brakes and throttle functions. If desired, you can configure the middle pedal to be used as a retarder pedal, by selecting the appropriate option in the simulation software. But if you already have a Simlog Operator Chair that you are using with some other Personal Simulator, then you may be able to re-configure that Operator Chair by purchasing additional elements.
- Authentic industrial operator seat, with headrest, air suspension, and seat-belt
- Adjustable seat position (forward/backwards, three vertical positions)
- Adjustable armrests (in height and angle)
- Integrated left console for the Hoist Control Lever and viewpoint changing switches
- Integrated right console for the Transmission Lever and parking brake
- Full steering column with pivot and telescope capabilities
- Fully functional industrial style pedals
- Five possible pedal positions, to create the typical placements found in real operator cabins
- Steel platform with heavy-duty casters for easy portability
Operator Chair Specifications
- Overall Dimensions: L 60” (152.4 cm) x W 34” (86.4 cm) x H 47” (119.4 cm)
- Weight: 385 lbs. (175 kg)
- Shipping Dimensions: 67" (170.2 cm) x 43" (109.2 cm) x 44" (118.8 cm) - one unit per skid, not stackable.
- Shipping Weight: approximately 550 lbs. (250 kg)
- 120 VAC/60 Hz, 220-240VAC/50 Hz
Custom Travel Cases for Replica Controls
At the request of many customers, Simlog is now pleased to offer Custom Travel Cases for our Replica Controls (and PC Controls), to safely move Personal Simulators from place to place.
- made-to-measure, with dedicated slots for levers, joysticks, pedals, steering wheel, and table-top mounting brackets
- space for a laptop PC, cables, and documentation
- pull-out handle, with multiple positions
- wheels (casters)
- cases are "stackable", for easy transport.
- Overall dimensions: 30" (76cm) x 24" (61cm) x 19" (50cm)
- Approximate weight: 50 lbs. (23 kg) when empty, up to 100 lbs. (46 kg) when full (depending upon the Replica Controls)