The demand for qualified solar and small wind technicians is rising, as more consumers and businesses apply solar energy and small wind systems in their communities. Many employers prefer employment candidates who are certified. Amatrol’s 850 series Alternative Energy Learning System supports the learning necessary to prepare for portions of the solar and small wind certifications offered by such certifying groups as NABCEP (North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners), SWCC (Small Wind Certification Council), and ETA (Electronics Technicians Association).
Hands-On, Job-Ready Skills for Solar Technicians
The future of solar energy is strong. Solar energy is being used in a broad range of applications such as generating electricity or home and utility use, directly heating hot water for homes, supplying heat for home heating systems, direct power for remote electronics such as information signs, and more. This is leading to an increased demand for qualified Solar Technicians.
Solar Technicians require specialized job skills, combining electrical and plumbing skills with solar technology savvy. They face unique challenges in bringing solar technology to commercial and residential applications. Our programs allow students to build the knowledge they need as well as develop the hands-on skills required. Successful Solar Technicians incorporate many traditional technical disciplines like electric motor control, wiring, rotating machines, piping, pumps, power distribution, etc. along with more specialized skills in solar technologies like solar installation, PV and thermal system troubleshooting, and specialized solar piping and pumps.
- The 850-AEC Alternative Energy Learning System teaches students key skills needed for job success in small wind and solar. Students will learn hands-on skills they can use on the job.Item Number:850-AEC
- Installing and maintaining solar photovoltaic (PV) systems requires hands-on skills and troubleshooting ability across the types of PV systems commonly used such as AC, DC, and grid-connected.
Amatrol’s 950-SPT1 Solar Photovoltaic Troubleshooting Learning System allows students to develop the specialized skills and knowledge needed for working with the common types of PV systems. The 950-SPT1 teaches students connection, operation, programming, and troubleshooting of AC/DC and grid-tie systems. The curriculum is PC-based multimedia that is highly interactive. It allows students...
- Amatrol’s Solar Thermal Closed-Loop Troubleshooting Learning System allows students to develop the specialized skills and knowledge needed for working with the two common types of thermal closed-loop systems: drainback and pressurized.
The 950-STCL1 teaches students connection, operation, programming, and troubleshooting of both drainback and pressurized systems. The curriculum is PC-based multimedia that is highly interactive. It allows students to use the learning style best for them – reading, listening, or visual. The 950-STCL1 supports the NABCEP (North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners) test for Certified Solar Thermal System Installer.
- Students will learn how to install systems by selecting, preparing, mounting and connecting solar thermal components using copper tubing, PVC piping, and electrical wiring.
The demand for qualified Solar Technicians is rising, as more consumers and businesses apply solar energy in their communities. Many employers are requesting NABCEP (North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners) certification or equivalent skills as a condition of employment. Amatrol’s Solar Thermal Installation Learning System supports the learning necessary to prepare for portions of NABCEP certification and helps to prepare students for successful employment in the solar thermal industry field.
- Installing and maintaining solar thermal open-loop systems require hands-on skills and troubleshooting ability across both drainback and pressurized systems.
The 950-STOL1 includes all components needed to develop hands-on, job ready skills: all solar specific components as well as balance of system items. The learning system contains a mobile workstation, multiple component circuit panels, a solar collector unit, fault insertion, PC-based multimedia student curriculum, and instructor’s assessment guide. An optional sun simulator is available to facilitate classes indoors when outdoor conditions do not support solar heating.
- Marcraft's Green Technology Textbook (GT-900)
Most of us involved in the educational field understand that Green Technology is THE NEXT BIG THING! But as with all new fields and technologies - it is very hard to define or predict. The definitions seem to change depending on who you speak with.Manufacturer: