Certified Logistics Technician (CLT)
The purpose of the Certified Logistics Technician (CLT) program is to recognize through certification individuals who demonstrate mastery of the core competencies of material handling at the front-line (entry-level through front-line supervisor) through successful completion of the certification assessments. The goal of the CLT certification program is to raise the level of performance of logistics workers both to assist the individuals in finding higher-wage jobs and to help employers ensure their workforce increases the company’s productivity and competitiveness.
The CLT program consists of two parts: The foundational-level Certified Logistics Associate (CLA) Certificate and the mid-level technical CLT Certification. Before sitting for the CLT assessment, candidates must have a CLA Certificate.
Click to download a copy of the CLT Key Activities which are the basis for MSSC national standards.
Individuals demonstrate their understanding of the core skills and knowledge through two assessments based upon MSSC's industry-defined, nationally validated skill standards. Delivered online, each assessment contains about 80 multiple-choice questions (paper tests are available in special circumstances). Individuals are allowed 90-120 minutes to complete each assessment. MSSC provides assessment scores as soon as the individual completes an assessment showing whether an individual met the “cut” scores for passing. This immediate feedback includes a diagnostic report for the individual showing how he or she scored on the key work activities within both CLA and CLT. This information is intended for self-improvement and is provided to all test-takers whether they pass or not.
For more information about MSSC's policies on certification, please see our Certification Policies page.
MSSC issues credentials for success on individual assessments.
Individuals who pass the CLA assessment will be able to:
- Download or Purchase the CLA Certificate
- Purchase a Small CLA Arm Patch
- Download Key Work Activities document to share with employers
For individuals who pass both CLA and CLT assessments, they will earn and be able to:
- Download or Purchase the Full Certification document that bears the CLT logo, NAM logo (NAM-endorsed Skills Certification) with ISO 17024 reference
- Purchase a Large CLT Arm Patch
- Download the Key Work Activities document to share with employers
The U.S. Dept. of Labor forecasts that the automotive industry is expected to add 237,500 new jobs and have a 30 percent growth rate through 2020
We offer a variety of training products for this career cluster including:
- Automotive Technology and Diesel Engine programs from LJ Create
- SimSpray virtual reality paint spraying for Collision Repair programs
- Simlog Heavy Equipment Simulators for training heavy equipment operators
- OilTec Port Crane Simulators
- Transas Maritime Simulation & Training