Amatrol’s series of Thermal Systems Training units provide comprehensive coverage and content in the areas of Thermal Science, Heat Pump Technology, Heat Pump troubleshooting, and Heat Pump Applications. Each of these programs include hands-on exercises on State-of-the-art training systems using real world components. Each topic area has curriculum supported by print material and exciting interactive multimedia spanning basics through advanced topics and troubleshooting.
HVAC Vocational Training Units
- Amatrol’s thermal training systems are the best in the industry and will compliment your Oil and Gas or HVAC training programs. Amatrol's learning programs are developed in partnership with industry and education to insure that the skills are on target to support modern industry needs.Manufacturer:
- This after-market automotive trainer is designed to give students a working understanding of the components they will find on an automotive air conditioning system.
Two models available: Single Speed Drive Motor (Model TU-103) and the Variable Speed Drive Motor Add-On (Model TU-203).
- Contains minimum test equipment necessary for performing experiments and tests with auto air conditioning trainers (TU-103 & TU-203).
Package contains: Digital Thermometer (Model SDT-40), Flexible PVC Covered Probe (Model D4109), 2 Way Manifold for R22, R134A & R407C (Model 521-CA), 5ft Hose Set & Adapters (3 hoses & 2 adapters - included with manifold Model 521-CA), Isolation Valve (Model 7584), Valve Core Depressor (Model 7025), Halogen Leak Detector Kit (Model HLD-1201), Reversible Ratchet Wrench (Model 127-C) and ACME Adapter Set
- This training unit (TU-100) demonstrates domestic refrigerator and freezers, self-contained air conditioning units and reverse cycle or heat pump systems.Item Number:TU-100
Sight glass tubes at inlet and outlet of evaporator and condenser constructed of explosion proof, tie-bolt design, stainless steel drip pans with drains located under each evaporator and condenser, uses popular, brand name components, color-coded valves, gauges and hand valves to bypass various components and change from cooling to heating (heat pump operation), conditions of refrigerant and oil can be observed under various methods of operation...
- HVAC Trainer for forced air and hydronic heating systems featuring featuring full-sized, completely operational componentsItem Number:TU-208
The forced air and hydronic heating trainer provides demonstration and service practice with forced air and hydronic heating systems, including hot water heating systems. All components are full size, completely operational and are standard brands of equipment.
- This commercial refrigeration trainer is an advanced unit used to train students in commercial refrigeration and air conditioning systems.Item Number:TU-105
Sight glass tubes at inlet and outlet of evaporator and condenser constructed of explosion proof, tie-bolt design, cut-out and by-pass valves, hand valves allow malfunctions to be simulated, many control changes are possible, combination low pressure control and high pressure cut-out, thermostatic control with an adjustable range of –30°F to 100°F, 2 solenoid liquid line valves...
- The double evaporator simulates a (TU-101) dual evaporator system application that demonstrates basic principles and provides service experience.Item Number:TU-101
Companion to the Motors, Controls and Circuit Trainer (Model TU-501). Designed for the student that has a working knowledge of the theory of refrigeration. Using this trainer, students are asked to design a system to match specifications of a particular situation. Instruction kit and experiment manual provide set-up and assembly directions.
- This trainer is perfect for students to learn the basics of electric heat control systems.Item Number:TU-302
Complete set of operating controls of an electric furnace, wired 3 element furnace circuit, simulated heater elements operation shown by signal lamps, Klixon limit switch, fusible link safety device, thermostat, transformer, fan delay control, board designed for use on a bench or table...
- Hands on experience with different types of electric motors in various different types of circuits. Perfect for electric motor theory demonstrations.
Investigates in detail the fractional horsepower electric motor, examine its theory, construction, proper wiring and maintenance, 5 different types of motors: split phase, capacitor start, universal, shaded pole and hermetic compressors are provided with proper test equipment to determine their operating characteristics, performance, starting circuits and control, and their maintenance and troubleshooting, the center consists of a cabinet with instrumentation backpanel, special motor mounting base and quick coupler shaft adapter allow for instant hookup of auxiliary motors...
- Contains test equipment necessary for performing basic electrical wiring for residential applications.
Also included is a line cord, quantity of NM-B cable, and a copy of the National Electrical Code Book. The unit includes a plywood storage case with a removable cover on which students are able to construct the wiring circuits.