VRTEX Mobile Virtual Reality Arc Welding Trainer
The VRTEX systems are virtual reality arc welding training simulators. These computer based training systems are educational tools designed to supplement and enhance traditional welding training. They allow students to practice their welding technique in a simulated and immersive environment. The VRTEX systems promote the efficient transfer of quality welding skills and body positioning to the welding booth while reducing material waste associated with traditional welding training. The combination of realistic puddle, arc welding sound, and real-time feedback tied to the welder’s movement provides a realistic and exciting, hands-on training experience.
The VRTEX® Mobile is a basic, entry level welding training system. It is designed to provide mobility in an easy to use and engaging welding training tool. The VRTEX Mobile is ideal for initial, basic welding training, as a recruitment and engagement tool for education or as an evaluation tool for instructors and educators to get a baseline on student knowledge. The VRTEX Mobile is definitely on the move!
EASILY TRANSPORTED from classroom to classroom or to a recruitment event or open house. The VRTEX Mobile can be ready to go in a matter of minutes.
BLENDED TRAINING SOLUTIONS FOR WELDING EDUCATION TOUCHSCREEN USER INTERACTION provides equipment and procedural set-up on an intuitive, resistive touchscreen. All screens mirror the VRTEX 360, making transfer of interaction seamless between the systems.
UNIVERSAL GUN HANDLE allows for connection of a MIG/MAG gun attachment for GMAW and FCAW, and a stick attachment for SMAW welding.
TABLETOP COUPON STAND easily attaches and stands on a standard table for welding and is taken apart for quick and simple storage inside the VRTEX Mobile.
VRTEX Mobile Provides:
- Multiple welding processes and positions
- Variety of joint configurations
- Instructor tools allow modification based on preferred welding program and style
- Realistic welding puddle appearance and sounds
- Magnetic tracking system provides accurate measurements for student score and evaluation
- Virtual weld discontinuities appear in the weld when improper welding technique is used
- Visual cues give real-time technique feedback
- Advanced scoring system for student evaluation
- Encourages interaction — the instructor can coach the welder while conducting virtual weld inspection
- Record, archive and verify student work.
CONSUMABLE AND ENVIRONMENTAL SAVINGS
- No welding consumables, wire or waste
- Track savings with the Weldometer™
English, French, German, Spanish, Turkish, Japanese, Chinese (Mandarin), Portuguese (Brazilian), Russian, Korean, Hindi and Arabic
Allows the instructor or student to view an example weld or a demonstration of proper technique, prior to a weld being made
Allows for instructor or student to review and analyze the welding process
Note: table not included.