The desktop VLS2.30 is a compact and economical platform designed to be an entry level laser machine for starting your laser material processing business. The VLS2.30 is well suited to prototype development and on-demand production and also makes a capable second machine to handle production overow.
The desktop VLS3.50 is small enough to fit on a work surface yet powerful enough to meet the requirements of on-demand production. Used frequently for educational purposes, the VLS3.50 is also a great choice for starting laser cutting and engraving.
Offering a material processing envelope of 24" x 12" x 4", 1,152 in3, the VLS3.50 can be equipped with one of five ULS laser cartridges ranging in power from 10-50 watts. The VLS3.50 comes standard with Laser Interface+ and a number of additional options are available to enhance your laser processing capabilities.
All Universal laser platforms use interchangeable components, giving you the ability to tailor your system to fit your needs.
Optional Air Cleaner Cart pictured.
- Laminated Safety Glass
- Over-temp Alarm (for fire safety)
- Multiple Automatic Focusing Modes
- Precision Digital Motors
- Multiple Language Support
- Permanently Sealed Bearings
- Proportional Pulse Control
- Stretch-Free Kevlar® Belts
- Laser Fan Control (to reduce noise)
- Smart Lasers
- Laser Pointer
- Wide Selection of Power Levels
- Air-Cooled Laser Cartridge
- Patented Permalign™
- No Optical Beam Alignment Required
- Patented Cross-Platform Compatibility
- Patented Free-Space Gas Slab Laser Design
- High Reliability, Excellent Power Stability
- Warranty Available Up To 5 Years
Laser Technology Benefits
- Software Controlled - Any Windows®-based software with a print function can control the laser system.
- Multi-Material - Process an endless number of materials available today and in the future.
- Multi-Process - Cut, engrave, mark, and produce photo images in one step.
- Non Contact - Modify material without applying any physical force.
- On Demand - Produce everything you need in real time, without waiting for hard tooling.
Uniquely Universal Features
Universal Laser Systems has developed the world’s most advanced, powerful and flexible laser print driver.
1-Touch Laser Photo™
We developed this software to make any photographic image suitable for laser engraving.
Universal Laser Cartridges
Our exclusive line of patented CO2 Free-Space Gas Slab Lasers is designed specifically for the needs of laser cutting, engraving, graphic imaging and marking applications.
High Power Density Focusing Optics™
These optics allow the laser beam to be focused to a much smaller spot, producing sharper images at tighter tolerances.
Optional Universal Pin Table
- Eliminates back reflection defects
- Compatible with any platform
- Easy to reconfigure
The Universal Pin Table is designed to eliminate certain scorch marks and other defects which may occur when cutting acrylic, wood or other sensitive materials using conventional laser cutting tables. By using specially coated aluminum pins to elevate the material being processed, the Universal Pin Table greatly reduces the amount of laser energy reflected back into the material from the table surface.
The Universal Pin Table consists of a modular 12” x 12” base, sixteen supporting pins to elevate the material, and four fixture pins for material positioning. The base contains magnets which allow for quick and accurate alignment with other Universal Pin Tables. Pins slide snugly into the pin slots in the base (arranged in a grid with 1” intervals) and can then be locked in place with screws for high-volume jobs.
Innovation and Technology Leadership
Universal Laser Systems, Inc. (ULS) is a recognized global innovation leader in DLMP™ (Digital Laser Material Processing) technology. For nearly 30 years, organizations worldwide in all types of environments have discovered and leveraged the benefits of our technology to help them achieve their goals. Learn how ULS can help you achieve yours.
Universal Laser Systems has been advancing the application of modern CO2 laser technology since 1988. Research and Development efforts have resulted in numerous patents, with several pending, in our continual pursuit to develop and enhance laser systems that benefit the customer. Our R&D philosophy and execution are based upon designing highly modular platforms that can be easily configured with interchangeable laser power cartridges and field upgradeable laser system options. This robust system configuration capability, unique to Universal, gives customers the flexibility and investment protection to optimize laser systems as their business evolves. Learn more.