Hydraulic Excavator Personal Simulator
Version 2.5 of Simlog's award-winning product brings significant improvements to the 3D modeling, simulated physics, graphics, and Simulation Modules to provide even more operator training help!
As before, just set up the simulator controls, install the simulation software in English, French, Spanish or Portuguese on your desktop or laptop PC, and begin! Add a projector or big screen display for "life size" graphics, and quality speakers for the audio feedback. Simlog even offers a vibration system to enhance the simulation experience. There are setup options to suit almost any budget.
The simulation software puts you at the controls of a modern hydraulic excavator at work in a typical construction site with both simulated dirt and large boulders, in interaction with an articulated dump truck. Both SAE and Backhoe-Loader joystick patterns are available, and changing the point of view during the simulation is easy with joystick buttons, keyboard function keys and mouse controls.
Simulation results are automatically saved, so trainees can progress at their own pace without trainer supervision. To simplify the record keeping, Simlog offers a database product called Simulation Manager, and the same database can be used with all of our Personal Simulators.
Version 2.5 features twelve "Simulation Modules", as follows:
- Controls Familiarization
- Excavator Positioning
- Raking the Green, for coordinating the movements of the boom, stick, and bucket
- Over the Moon, that adds the coordinated movement of the swing
- Bench Climbing/Descending
- Trench Crossing, with "boom jacking"
- Single-Pass Dig and Dump
- Trench and Load
- Bench Loading with Truck Spotting
- Bench Loading with Truck Spotting - Boulders
- Ramp Building
For each Simulation Module, key "Performance Indicators" measure how quickly and how carefully the simulated work is performed, including execution time, truck loading accuracy, the maximum tilt angle when the excavator climbs/descends benches, and the number of "slams" that sound when the bucket is over-opened or over-closed. In this way, the feedback is diagnostic, instead of just a consolidated pass/fail score.
Many kinds of USB-ready simulator controls, and mounting configurations, are available:
- Replica Controls, featuring components suitable for table-top mounting
- Simlog's new Operator Chair, to obtain a superior simulation experience
- OEM Controls, with parts from the operator controls of real hydraulic excavators
- PC Controls, consisting of low cost off-the-shelf input devices for easy transportability