Edusmart High School Science is a Flash-based teacher-guided instructional tool that is designed to enhance instruction and maximize learning through the use of proven research-based strategies. The program was developed specifically for the TEKs in partnership with teachers and administrators in Texas.
EduSmart Elementary Science
Edusmart Science K-2 Upgrade
Glossary re-launched with new features:
- Based on concept building approach to building Science vocabulary
- Interactive items encourage observation, exploration, and inference
EduSmart elementary science program was developed specifically from the TEKs in partnership with teachers and administrators in Texas. EduSmart is a computer-based, multimedia rich teaching tool that allows students to visualize complex scientific theories and principles. Being introduced to the Texas market just over one year ago, this program has already been shown to raise scores and captivate the student’s attention. EduSmart offers powerful built in features such as: digital white board, glossary of terms, inter-activities and simulated labs.
Edusmart Science is divided into subtopics and sections — Interactivity, Glossary, Assessment, and Simulation — each section having been designed to maximize learning in its own unique way.
- Content built specifically to meet the targeted state learning standards.
- Rich, detailed animated graphics and concise narrated text enables students to construct their own understanding of concepts for maximum retention.
- Built-in pauses enable teachers to cue learning, to activate and assess prior knowledge and assess mastery using effective questioning and graphic examples, allowing student understanding to guide the pace of the lesson.
- Integrated whiteboard area and marking tools for making annotations on the slides, drawing images or creating graphic organizers.
- A test bank of multiple-choice questions, aligned to the learning objectives and supporting concepts presented, are included in each module. These questions can be accessed at any time during the program to assess student progress.
- Higher-order thinking questions are included in each module to support journaling and reflective thinking.
- Interactive activities or "interactivities" placed strategically within each module provide timely practice and immediate feedback of knowledge acquired during the program.
- Flexible installation options. The program can be locally installed on both MAC and Windows machines or can be installed on a school or district server for easy access from all computers connected to the server.
Kindergarten to Grade 2 Topics Covered
- Describing Rocks
- Life Cycle of Animals
- Changes in Matter
Grade 2 - Spanish
- Usando imanes
Grade 3 to Grade 5 Topics Covered
- Habitats and Organisms
- Soil Properties and Experiements
- Natural Resources
Grade 5 - Spanish
- Caracteristicas del Sol, la Luna y la Tierra
EduSmart Science is a trusted technology-based teaching tool designed for the 21st century classroom. When placed in the hands of a teacher, this teaching tool transforms the learning experience of the students.
Edusmart promotes Science literacy and collaborative problem-solving with STEM activities that require the application of knowledge and skills and engineering design principals to solve "real world" problems.
Edusmart's research-based design and flexible format adapts easily to support all types of instructional models including: direct instruction, cooperative learning and inquiry-based instruction.
This student-centered and teacher-directed tool allows teachers to differentiate instruction based on the unique needs of the various subpopulations within the classroom. EduSmart Science addresses all learning styles with its rich 2D and 3D animation, lively voice-overs, interactive content, and 'real life' examples.