Companion to the Motors, Controls and Circuit Trainer (Model TU-501). Designed for the student that has a working knowledge of the theory of refrigeration. Using this trainer, students are asked to design a system to match specifications of a particular situation. Instruction kit and experiment manual provide set-up and assembly directions.
Basic Refrigeration Trainer
- Sight glass tubes at inlet and outlet of evaporator and condenser constructed of explosion proof, tie-bolt design
- Stainless steel drip pans with drains located under each evaporator and condenser
- Uses popular, brand name components
- Color-coded valves, gauges and hand valves to bypass various components and change from cooling to heating (heat pump operation)
- Conditions of refrigerant and oil can be observed under various methods of operation
- Pressure gauges located at each point in which pressure variation is likely to occur
- Refrigerant flow to evaporator metered either by capillary tube, automatic expansion valve (AXV), or thermostatic expansion valve (TXV)
- Evaporator has copper tube coils, aluminum fins, and variable speed blower
- Condenser with a variable-speed blower
- A combination low pressure control and high pressure cutout and a thermostatic control with a range of –30°F to 100°F furnished
- High pressure cutout in the circuit at all times to prevent damage to the compressor
- Includes a student lab manual and operation manual
- 1/3 HP hermetically sealed reciprocating compressor Trainer operates on HFC 134A refrigerant
- Panels are 1⁄4″ thick HDPE with steel reinforced component shelf
- Uses HFC 134A refrigerant
- Electrical requirements: 120VAC; 50/60 Hz; 10A
- Overall size: 36”W x 18”D x 73”H
230 volt available upon request
*This Training Unit includes an iManifold Kit for full diagnostic testing and troubleshooting of system components. The kit comes complete with the award-winning iManifold wireless digital refrigeration manifold, (1) 902M Thermistor Air Probe, (3) 901M Thermistor Pipe Strap Surface Probes, and (1) iManifold backpack. Additional accessories such as hoses, wireless probes, and the iConnect hub are also available.
Committed to Quality Education: iConnect's goal is to provide top quality trainers at reasonable prices that fit our customers’ precise needs.
Prior to going out into the field, technicians need to fully understand each heating and cooling systems. iConnectTraining equipment provides HVAC/R students with the knowledge & training for the safe and efficient operation of all types of systems found in our industry. iConnectTraining provides the finest training units to the educational market which are found in high schools, technical colleges, government facilities and other educational settings all over the world.
iConnect Training provides a line of sophisticated training units that greatly aide in the teaching of Heating, Ventiliation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration.
The training units represent a wide variety of subjects in the heating, refrigeration and air conditioning industries. The training units range from demonstrating simple concepts to illustrating advanced troubleshooting and servicing techniques. Their expertise certainly does not end here. They also custom design and build trainers to your exact specifications and needs.
1.6 million new construction jobs will be required in the next decade in careers ranging from carpentry and masonry to 3-D design and computer programs that control the internal environments of commercial office buildings.
Opportunities abound in HVAC & Electrical — 2,230 annual electrician job openings in the state of Texas and 17.44% average annual job growth. There is a14% annual growth rate for careers in HVAC, much faster than average.